Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Times of Change - Jack Smith and I Feel Like I'm Fixing to Die Rag

Jack Smith:
1.

  • Loss of friends
  • Death
  • Wounds
  • Ambushes
  • Avoiding bullets
2. At first, he viewed war as surreal and supporting your country. But then he realized that once you are in full combat, you try to help and defend your friends, and you end up fighting more for them than for you country.

I Feel Like I'm Fixing to Die Rag: 1. The song is asking the strong men to get a gun and fight in Vietnam.

2. The generals need to move fast and go out and kill all the opposing soldiers.

3. Wall Street is making a lot of money off of the war because they keep on supplying the Army with weapons.

4. Mothers are sending their sons off to war.

5. "Whoopee! we're all gonna die."

"What are we fighting for? Don't ask me, I don't give a damn"

"And you know that peace can only be won when we've blown 'em all to kingdom come."

"Be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a box"

"Just hope and pray that if they drop the bomb, they drop it on the Viet Cong"

No comments: